A 40-YEAR-OLD COLLECTION
Our product range has largely remained the same for 40 years. It is a deliberate choice.
For us, it is not about releasing new collections or products every season or even every year. Our philosophy is to produce clothes that fulfil a clear purpose, and that last a lifetime – both in appearance and in quality.
We are aware that the largest environmental impact of clothing comes from production. The most sustainable garment is, therefore, the one you use year after year until it is completely worn out. Our products are developed with a focus on functionality, high durability, comfort, and timeless design. All to ensure that you can use them for as long as possible.
For us, product development is more about technical expertise down to the fibre level than the creation of new products. Our focus is on optimising existing products and materials, as well as finding ways to properly handle worn-out products in order to extend the lifespan of the raw materials.
Only by giving each raw material the longest possible lifespan can we truly call ourselves sustainable.
TIMELESS GARMENTS THAT LAST FOR MANY YEARS
The foundation of our business model is to create timeless garments with high functionality and quality. Based on that, we have formulated a product strategy for the development of our products.
The garments and products we manufacture:
- Are developed with a clear purpose and the best possible functionality for their intended use. We manufacture products with high quality, where functionality always takes precedence over fashion.
- Our products are made from materials chosen with the aim of providing high durability while minimising environmental impact.
- Our products are manufactured with respect for both the environment and the people who create them. For us, sustainability and responsibility are important in all aspects.
- They are designed and engineered in a way that enables efficient and cost-effective production.
We achieve sustainable production by maintaining a static range and utilising colours and designs that remain relevant year after year.
A static range means that:
- We can maintain a consistent production pace throughout the year instead of having low and high seasons.
- We can have good foresight in purchasing yarn and other raw materials from our subcontractors and can place orders for large volumes. This, in turn, provides them with the opportunity for secure, more efficient, and sustainable production.
- We never have to discard materials from production because a material or colour has been discontinued.
- Our retailers never need to put garments on sale because they know that the same garments will be valid for the upcoming season.
In other words, it can be said that we have been following the slow fashion approach since the beginning of our company.